Sunday, August 19, 2007

New Season at the Metropolitan Opera



Tickets went on sale today at the box office for 2007/2008 Met opera season. After standing in line for three (!) hours I got tickets for:

* Madama Butterfly (don't really know any of the singers in this one, but I loved it so much when I saw it at NYC opera, that I want to see it again.)

* La Traviata (with Renee Fleming. Loved her in Eugene Onegin last season)

* Romeo et Juliette (looking forward to seeing Anna Netrebko live - I have her CD and recorded one of her performances on the radio last year. Also Placido Domingo is conducting.)

* War and Peace (predominantly Russian cast with Valery Gergiev conducting. Looking forward to seeing costumes for Imperial ball scenes.)

No comments:

ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Resource Center

Stop Puppy Mills