Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Japan and Whaling



Japanese store MUJI opened in NYC last week. Although I wanted to wait before I go there, I was in the neighborhood over the weekend and decided to stop by. I love many of their products and actually need some of the things that they sell, but I've decided to not support Japanese companies because of the country's decision to hunt whales and dolphins.

Same goes for UNIQLO - I've been buying a lot of stuff there, particularly, jeans for my mom. I also shopped at Takashimaya and could not wait to check out new Kinokuniya book store and cafe.

I would also really love to visit Japan but this trip would have to wait. If one day soon, Japan will put a stop to these senseless killings, I will be overjoyed and will book my trip asap.

Please tell the US government to do all it can to put pressure on Japan to stop whaling and save the whales.

"Japan's annual Southern Ocean whale hunt is conducted under the guise of science but has been condemned internationally. This season, Japan aims to kill more than 1,000 whales, including 50 endangered fin whales and, for the first time in 40 years, 50 threatened humpback whales will also be harpooned." (greenpeace.com)

No comments:

ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Resource Center

Stop Puppy Mills