Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dalai Lama on Kindness to Animals

In his speech to sold-out crowd of 5,000 in Australia, Dalai Lama called for "a halt to lab experiments on animals and made the case for eating only fruits and vegetables."

Some are accusing him of being a hypocrite, because, as he mentioned in his speech, he does eat meat occasionally.

I do not want to judge him or anybody who eats meat - I did eat meat in the past and I wouldn't have wanted to be judged, only educated. I do not know his reasons for eating meat after being a vegan - medical reason are often mentioned when this subject is raised. The fact that he mentioned kindness to animals was very inspiring to me and if his speech resulted in at least one person becoming a vegetarian, I think it was worth it.

No comments:

ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Resource Center

Stop Puppy Mills