Saturday, May 19, 2007

Enlightenment Card

I stumbled on a web ad for "enlightenment card". It is a credit card with points reward system. Points will get you discounts on health-conscious stores, products, and services or you can donate them to charities.

You can pick from several designs for your card - one of them has Buddha statue on it.

I have very mixed feelings about this product. My main objection is with its name, as enlightenment and consumerism are such opposite concepts. I also do not like an idea of showing off your belief system. I know I am not perfect, but one should show off his or her beliefs with actions, rather then credit card design.

I do like that you have an option to donate points to charities with this card. I think it would have been less of a turn off if the point system was entirely about donating to charities.

No comments:

ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Resource Center

Stop Puppy Mills