Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Recycled Envelopes - Where Are You?

Envelopes is something that I throw away (into recycling pile) within seconds of getting my mail. It makes perfect sense for product with such a short life span to be made out of recycled paper.

I am now on a mission to buy recycled envelopes in NYC (buying online is not very environmentally friendly). Who knew it would be so hard? I bet there is a tiny stationary store somewhere that carries them but I am having trouble pinpointing where to go exactly.

Staples store I went to does not have any in stock and only has a box of 500 online - it would take me three lifetimes to use that up.

Office Depot has Ampad EnviroTech kind, but online only.

These Hemp Heritage Envelopes would do (tree free!), but I can't get info on who carries them in NYC.

I will stop by at indie stores I know tomorrow and see if they carry such a thing.

Here is an interesting blog on related subject - finding recycled notebooks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go to Catfish Greetings at 219 Mulberry St. for Hemp Heritage paper and envelopes.

For recycled notebooks, go to ABC stores and ask about Green Field Paper Hemp noteboks/journals.

Also ask them if they would carry the envelopes.

ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Resource Center

Stop Puppy Mills