Saturday, January 26, 2008

Soup Part Two

My "Martha Stewart" style soup saga continued today - I was not sure what to do with all the soup and vegetable broth leftovers. I thought I might need to buy plastic containers and was concerned how they were going to fit in our small freezer. Google to the rescue - apparently, you can put soup in Ziploc freezer bags. It came out so neat - you pour the liquid in bags, squeeze air out, seal and put bags flat in the freezer, separated with paper towels. After the content freezes, you can stack the bags any way you like. I now have 5 two cup portion squares of soup and 4 one cup portion squares of broth. Of course, I will reuse the bags later. I am so glad I did not have to buy tupperware type containers as we are trying to minimize our clutter.

I did OK with top priority tasks today - it wasn't like I took a nap or rested or surfed the web. I was doing stuff all day, but still did not get to some things that I wish to complete this weekend. But I did mail the package to my Mom. I get such a nice feeling imagining and hoping that she will like the things I sent her. I got her these boots:



My last trip to Russia I was hoping to get to experience the real winter. But all I got was grey sky and dirt. My suede boots got kind of ruined and I was looking for rubber boots everywhere, but the trend has not reached Russia at that point. My relatives thought I was crazy wanting rubber boots - that is something you would wear on the farm maybe. So, I am sending my Mom these cool looking and comfy boots so she can wear them when you have to walk through dirt everywhere.

I am also sending her jeans as it is hard to find classic looking good quality dark blue wash jeans there. I've been buying her Uniqlo jeans but now that I am boycotting Japan's whale and dolphin hunt, I got her a pair from Express.

No comments:

ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Resource Center

Stop Puppy Mills